Monday, October 24, 2005

Sigh...

So, I’m having a bit of homesickness… I’m sure it’ll pass soon but if you’ll indulge me, I’ve created a list of the things I miss about home:

Chargrill hot dogs and Bojangles
SportsCenter and ESPN in general
MTV/VH1 reality TV – Best Week Ever, Real World, My Super Sweet 16, Hogan Knows Best, Surreal Life… It’s the train wreck syndrome. You know it’s bad but you can’t force yourself to look away.
Watching football on Sundays
Saks 5th Ave. and Belk and malls in general
Our fluffy, comfy sofa
Target – Oh how I long for the big red bullseye.
Napa Valley wine
Light beer
Sweet iced tea
Free soda refills, ice, straws – Here when you order a diet coke, you get either a can or a bottle and sometimes, a glass to pour it in.
Ranch dressing – Dreams are made of this creamy, fatty, tangy goodness.
Washing machine and dryer – Here, it’s once machine and it’s tiny. Doing laundry here BLOWS.
Ellen Degeneres show – “Oh, Mama!”

That said, I should also mention that it is pretty flippin sweet that we have almost any cuisine imaginable less than a 5 minute walk from our door. Friday night, we were strolling around our ‘hood trying to decide where to eat and came across this Lebanese place. It was GREAT! Don’t get me wrong, I’m keepin’ it real. I’ll still meal out on McDonald’s any day…

Shout out to Chuck Siler – We went to a Dali exhibit this weekend. Last Halloween, we had to dress up at work and Chuck came as a Salvador Dali painting. I guess you had to see it to really understand how he did it but it was really cool. But now that I’ve seen more of his work, I’m a little worried about you Chuck. That dude was CRA-ZAY! I’ve never been more shocked, confused, disturbed, baffled in my life…

1 comment:

Chuck said...

YES, I made it into the blog again! The day is MINE Head!! Dali was definitely cookoo for cocoa puffs and you would say, but his stuff is realllly cool. I really wanted to go to the Dali museum when I went to London a few years ago but sadly there was not enough time to go. But yeah, weird and crazy stuff. I'm working on my costume for this year and will send ya pictures.