Thursday, November 10, 2005

Everyone said it would happen

And it did. The major wave of homesickness. Major. I'm talking crying and frantically looking for cheap flights home major. I'm talking "What have I done, I can't possibly live here for 3 years?!?" major. So Jason, being the sweet, caring husband that he is asked me if I wanted to go to Outback. If I were a cartoon, I would have been doing the classic double take. "What did you say? There's an Outback here? As in Outback Steakhouse? As in 'No Rules Just Right' Outback Steakhouse?" Nothing he could have said would have made me happier at that moment. So there we were. We walked in and for all anyone could tell, we were in the Outback on Creedmoor Road in Raleigh. It was exactly the same! Free drink refills and everything, which is unheard of here. It was truly just what the doctor ordered. There, over a Bloomin' Onion and Jackaroo Chops and Queensland Chicken & Shrimp, Jason talked me off my ledge. So for him, I reserve my highest praise: "Snaps for Jason!"

2 comments:

Kim said...

Things will be tough for the first few months but I hope they get better for you. There is an American candy store in London that sells Kool-aid and other American sweets, I'll try to find out where it is for you.

I found your blog through your profile on the Nest. I am Mrskim.

and btw, nice blog ;)

Heather said...

Thanks! I'm sure things will continue to improve... Right now, I'm just trying to get involved in lots of things so I can meet people. I would love to know where this store is. I've been on the lookout for American products to make me feel more at home!