Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I suppose they call it "trivia" for a reason

Well, I've been known in some circles for my knowledge of random tv sitcom trivia. While I agree it's a rather nice talent to posses, I think it may have gone too far. I was watching Season 4 of Sex and the City and thought a guest character (an artist selling works at Charlotte's gallery who then began a relationship with Samantha) looked really familiar. After some thought, I had it. I thought way back to the Cosby Show and remembered an episode where Theo had a problem with a teacher who was really tough. Mrs. Westlake. Or as Theo called her - The Dragon Lady. It was the same actress - I just knew it!!! So to confirm my conclusion, I went to www.imdb.com (Internet Movie Database) and searched it. BINGO!!! Her name is Sonia Braga and sure enough... noteable TV appearances include Sex and the City and ta-daaaaaaaaaaa! the Cosby Show!!!!! I mean, this was in 1986 that this particular episode of the Cosby Show aired! I must be some sort of TV idiot-savant. God I love it when I'm right! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

No comments: