Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Naked naked everywhere!

Ummmmmm, maybe it's because I'm American and we're trained from birth to be very hush hush about sex and nudity but I cannot help being shocked by my locker room at the gym. Women just walk around completely buck NAKED! Not even bothering to try to cover up their "biscuits". The first time, I thought maybe it was just a one-off occurence - one of the many mainland europeans living in the UK. But ohhhhhh no. Everytime I go, there's somebody waltzing around with all their bits and pieces jiggling about. And they'll stand there and have completely normal conversations with each other. "How was your weekend?" "Oh fine, I walked around naked for most of it and then went to the cinema. How about you?" Meanwhile, I'm scurrying to the closed stalls to change clothes just trying to keep my eyes on the floor. I'm not ready for this... I freak out just getting a bikini wax!

2 comments:

Monique said...

So true Heather!
It shocked me when I first came here as well, and took me quite a few years before I felt sort of comfortable with all the naked people in the changing room! I still hide in my little corner though:)

Heather said...

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one - I feel like such a prude!