Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I've been tagged!

I was tagged by Kim, so here are my answers!

Four bizarre jobs I have held and the length of time I lasted and how I left:

Waitress at a diner-type-place
My grandma owned a little restaurant and my first job (before I could even drive) was waitressing there on Saturday mornings. I don't guess I ever formally "quit" since it was my grandma's place. I just kind of came and went as I pleased.

Waitress at a diner/blue grass music joint
This lasted all of one whole shift that was actually a training session. I called and told them I got another job and I wouldn't be back. I could feel the grease coming out of my pores and the majority of patrons didn't have enough teeth to actually chew the food they ordered. Nice place!

Claire's Boutiques
I worked there for my Sophomore year of high school. I could not get over the fact that we had to pierce babies ears and I always made myself "otherwise occupied" - usually in the stock room - when one of those came in. My mom quit this job on my behalf because I was working there one night when it began to snow and the manager wouldn't let me leave even though my dad kept calling to tell me the roads seemed to be getting bad. When I fianlly left, I ended up getting in a horrendous car accident that left me temporarily unconscious in a creek bank and ended with ump-teen staples in my scalp. My mom called Claire's the next day to tell my manager that I wouldn't be coming in because I was bed-ridden for a few days. When my mom told her why, all she could say was "Well, when will she be coming back to work?" My mom told her "a week from next NEVER" and that was that.

UNCG Annual Fund
My first job at college was an on-campus gig that had me calling alumni and asking them to donate money to the school. It was (according to a brochure at the job fair) the highest paying on-campus job. You can all imagine how most of those calls went: "Hi, my name is Heather and I'm calling from the UNCG annual fund and we were hoping you may be willing to pledge a donation to the universty." "Well, Heather, let me tell you something. I'm still up to my 3rd ass in student loans and I haven't been able to get a job with this worthless piece of paper UNCG gave me for slaving away for 4 years and charged me roughly $50,000 for when you comound the interest. So, if UNCG wants the last few dimes I have left of my check from Applebee's after buying a couple of packs of Ramen Noodles, then you tell them to come and get it. I'll be waiting for them." "Okay sir! Well thank you very much for your time. I hope you have a wonderful evening and enjoy your Ramen!" I worked there for one semester and just didn't go back the next one.


Four movies I can watch over and over:
Moulin Rouge
Clueless
Legally Blonde
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Four places I've liked :
Italy (I can't narrow down to one city - the whole trip was amazing)
Nafplio, Greece
London
Charleston, SC

Four TV shows I like:
Nip/Tuck
Desperate Housewives
Lost
American Idol

Four Family Vacations I've been on:
NC beaches (with my fam and Jason's many many times over the years)
*my family really only ever went to the beach when I was growing up so I'll branch out to other trips I took in High School*
Disney World
Washington DC
New York

Four of my favorite fast food dishes:
McDonald's Cheeseburger All American Meal - this is a little known secret meal that's never on the menu but some of them have it if you ask for it. One cheeseburger, small fries, small drink. Perfect size.
Wendy's Single Combo with cheese, onions, and mayo with sweet tea
Bojangle's Cajun Chicken Biscuit Combo with sweet tea
3 hot dogs, all the way but no slaw from Yum Yum's in Greensboro, NC

Four sites I visit daily:
The Superficial
Go Fug Yourself
Popsugar
Pro Sports Daily: Boston Red Sox

Four places I would rather be right now:
Somewhere sunny and warm and sandy with very blue water
At a Cowboy Mouth or Better Than Ezra concert - it's been a few months too long since the last one...
In a pedicure chair or massage table at Bliss Spas
In our fluffy white feather bed with white down comforter and white plump pillows

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Hi heather! unrelated to your post but look how cool this is!

http://myblogcankickyourblogsbutt.blogspot.com/