Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My first European birthday

Instead of staying in Bath for the rest of the day on Monday, we decided to come back to London and do some stuff here. Jason took me for a ride on the London Eye - the big ferris wheel on the Thames river.

So, we walked around a bit and took some tourist-y photos of Big Ben and Parliament, then rode the Eye, then strolled over what I thought was the Millenium Bridge (you know since that pier is called the Millenium Pier) but later realized it wasn't, and walked through Chelsea back to the flat.

Then we got ready for diner. Jason took me to this really hip little Thai place called the Sugar Hut. It has the coolest decor and you have to ring the bell to get in! After a great dinner, I had a Krispy Kreme donut with a candle in it. I can't think of a better way to cap off the day.

The view as we were walking towards the Eye

I took this while we were queueing to get on

During the ride

Deciding what to wish for


Me smelling the rose Jason got me (since he's not allowed to buy me roses on Valentine's Day)


And me thinking it would be funny to act like I went crazy and ate it

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a great day!

Mom said...

It looks like you had a wonderful birthday! Your pictures are great. I really liked your "birthday cake"....I guess you get the Krispy Kreme doughnut thing honest since that is my all time favorite sweet! Glad that you had a good birthday weekend. Love you!