Friday, February 10, 2006

When's the last time you were offered a massage in a bar?

Last night, we met up with another couple at a bar in Notting Hill called Mook. We're having a very normal evening, having a bottle of wine, chatting amicably, laughing, etc. Out of nowhere, a girl walks up to our table and says "I'm sorry to interrupt your conversation but I was wondering if any of you might be interested in a shoulder massage to relieve your workday stress?" All of us kind of looked at each other wide-eyed, no one knowing what to say really, and finally we all just sort of started shaking our heads no. I will count that among the top 5 strangest things that have ever happened to me in a bar.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny - I go to that bar with coworkers all the time and never have been offered a massage! Maybe she just liked you guys?

In other news, we should have met up - I must have been a block away while you were in that bar. Small city!

- Charlotte

Monique said...

There's a place in Putney where that happens too - as if I'd want a massage in a bar - too strange!

Holly Griffin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HEATHER! Melaine said your birthday was 2/13, which is today!!!! Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. Have a wonderful Birthday!!!!

Mom said...

Happy Birthday sweets!!! Hope you are having a wonderful day. Seems strange not being able to talk with you on your birthday since we missed you when we called this morning. Love you and miss you bunches!!