Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Workout Mistress is Back In

When I went to the gym Monday, I realized that I had inadvertently put the wrong playlist on my iPod. Bummer. Or so I thought. I put on a different playlist and found some hidden gems to get my behind moving. So I'd like to ammend my earlier list (which can be found here) and add the following songs:

Directions - Josh Rouse
How Do You Tell Someone - Cowboy Mouth
Curbside Prophet - Jason Mraz
My Doorbell - The White Stripes
Laid - Better Than Ezra
Hazy Shade of Winter - The Bangles
Love of My Life - Cowboy Mouth
Bad Day - R.E.M.
Fell in Love With a Girl - The White Stripes
Girlfriend - Matthew Sweet
Tripping - Robbie Williams (Apparently, liking Robbie makes me officially British. Seriouly, that's the main qualification when they dole out passports.)
Buddy Holly - Weezer
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
Ballad of Cowboy Mouth - Cowboy Mouth (duh)
Rock and Roll Queen - The Subways
Boyfriend - Ashlee Simpson (I don't want to hear one word about this, people. Everyone is allowed a guilty pleasure or two.)
Jenny Says - Cowboy Mouth
These Boots are Made for Walkin' - Jessica Simpson (Yes, I'm aware that this is a ho-rendous cover but it's excellent chick-power-I-love-my-body music. "Can I get a hand clap, for the way I work my back?". Lyrics don't get better than that folks.)

9 comments:

Holly Griffin said...

I meant to tell you, I looked at your pictures from Christmas and Jenny looks JUST THE SAME!!! How funny. He is still so cute and her and Ryan are very cute together! :)And your ring by the way is BEAUTIFUL!!! Jason is a smart man, he knows the way to a woman's heart!!

andrea said...

hi! I think i left you a comment before but I found your site again, and I am moving to London from Atlanta in May or June to live with my Fiance and wondered what you thought about it? Also, do you like living in Fulham? We are looking there and Balham and Wimbledon. I would love to talk, email me at andrthomas@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Melissa said...

Thanks, Heather-now "Hazy Shade of Winter" will be running through my mind all night long. lol

Heather said...

Hi Holly - I'll tell Jenny you said that. That'll make her very happy to hear!

Andrea - I think I wasn't doing much posting when you left your comment before. I'll email you :-)

Hey Melissa - Ha! That song is an earworm isnt it?!

Monique said...

Love your workout lists - I must really get myself an ipod one of these days!
One of my fav workout songs is by Big & Rich 'Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy'
I guess I probably like it cause they used to play it to one of the sets in my Body Pump class, but I think it has a good beat for working out and it makes me laugh:)

Heather said...

I've been meaning to do one of those body pump classes. It looks really fun! I never had you pegged for a "Big and Rich" kind of gal ;-) haha!

Meredith said...

Hi! I came across your blog a while ago and bookmarked it to follow. I wanted to let you know that some of the music on your list is fantastic! I'm downloading a lot of these songs right now, a lot that I've never even heard of. I'm sick of my Christina Agulara "come on over", atari's "boys of summer" and thelma houston's "don't leave me this way".. this is a cool change.. thanks!

Heather said...

Hey Meredith!
Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you've found some cool music from this. I was going to leave a comment on your site but I wasn't sure if you were still "blogging" or not... Regardless, you should - you're funny as hell! Don't worry about those Knot gals. I learned a long time ago that a vast majority of them are total snots. On another note, you've got me thinking about "Don't leave me this way.. I can't survive..." I'm going to have to add that to my mix. I haven't listed to that song is AGES!

Charlie Trainer said...

Try adding this to your workout playlist.
http://www.fitnessongs.com