Sunday, March 19, 2006

Happy *&%$#@*%!@$*# St. Patty's Day

Well. I had a lovely St. Patty's day. We were in Covent Garden trying to meet up with some friends and I turned my ankle on some uneven pavement. When I say turned, I mean TURNED. Could not walk TURNED. Standing in the street crying TURNED. Jason had to carry me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes TURNED. When we finally got back to our flat, we realized that we had to somehow remove my boot. As my luck would have it, I wasn't wearing zip up boots, but my cowboy boots instead. So, imagine, if you will, me sitting in the bathroom howling in agony while Jason tries to pull this thing off my foot. Once he finally gets it off, we discover a swollen black-and-blue mass, roughly the size of a baseball, sticking out of my ankle. It was so ugly, I almost threw up at the sight of it. So I spent my first UK St. Patrick's Day on the couch, crying, with my foot iced, wrapped, and elevated. Yay me.

No comments: