Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm all growns up and I'm all growns up and I'm all growns up

Props to anyone who knows the movie the title of this post refers to. If you know, you're my kind of people. If you don't, I'm willing to give you a chance anyway.

Today, Jason invited me to come to his office and have lunch with him. They have a fancy schmancy little restaurant on site there so he booked us a table and dine we did. It was a bit surreal, sitting there with him all dressed up in his "I'm a manager" trousers and crisp shirt and me looking every part the stay-at-home-wife in my dark denim and high heel boots, sipping wine and discussing the charity I'm starting to volunteer for and where we'll holiday next. I suddenly felt the overwhelming urge to start blabbering on about the latest brat featured on "My Super Sweet Sixteen" or who's going to win "American Idol" to counteract the mood with some immaturity. But I didn't. I did, however, start giggling and saying how I felt like this was a very adult thing to be doing and giggled some more. Because I'm mature like that.

Well, gotta scoot. "Somebody Told Me" by The Killers just came on the iPod and that's my favorite song to housework dance to. And the number 211 bus is going to pull up any minute and be waiting for the afternoon showing of my "Dustbustering Jig".

2 comments:

cfk said...

It's like you were living my life for a moment. Minus the charity and volunteering thing.

Heather said...

Yes, but you do have a dusbustering jig. I've seen it. Except your goes more like "sit in the living room with your friend and a bottle of wine while someone scrubs your kitchen grout". :)