Tuesday, March 21, 2006

One bottle of wine, two bottle of wine, three bottle of wine... FLOOR!

I've only just now gotten over this hangover enough to write about it. As of last night, the sight of a bottle of wine was still giving me the skeevies. Saturday night, although my foot was still a bit swollen and hurt, I was able to walk on it with a slight limp so we decided that I could manage a quiet night out at a restaurant just around the corner from our flat. I happened to talk to my friend Monique that afternoon so I mentioned our plan to her and they joined us. Over the course of dinner, a few bottles of wine were consumed and when Monique and Murray mentioned walking across the street to a bar, I thought it was a great idea. My inner monologue went something like this: "Well, 'sonly 'cross the lil' ol' street. I can tolly manage that."


Ok, this isn't so bad. We look pretty cute, right?


Oh that Murray... What a jokester.


I love the girl there in the right corner. She's all "Yeah, look how much fun those people are having! Me too! Wheeeee!"


Is it weird that I have no clue who this dude is? Warning girls. This is what happens when your husbands leave you to go to the bar and do shots. Hmmm, also starting to look a little worse for the wear. Love the 1/4-closed eye.


Curses on you Monique. No matter that you've had just as many drinks as me, you still look like it's the beginning of the night. Well, except for the "hen party" banner you ripped off the wall...

5 comments:

Monique said...

OMG I totally forgot about that sign - HA HA!
Was a fun night - we'll have to do it again soon :)

Heather said...

Umm, I totally forgot about most everything in these pics. Lucky for us, I always have presence of mind to whip out the camera!

Melanie said...

That is so awesome...kind of reminds me of our times together at the Point minus that killer banner. Hell maybe we can just try to pull that off when you come in April! Miss you...

Heather said...

Definitely! I need one of those yummy bloody marys. Or maybe one of "Melanie's Famous Mimosas" - 9/10ths champagne and a splash o' OJ. :)

Kim said...

I really need to make a trip over to see you! looks like you guys had alot fun!