Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"I think you are probably small size, right?"

Only in my world could the simple act of ordering a pizza turn into a weird scene. I just called Dominoes and asked for a medium pepperoni pizza and the guy (in an Indian accent) says:
"Would you like a tomato and cheese pepperoni or a 'Pepperoni Party'?"
Me: "Ummm, I think I just want a regular pepperoni pizza." (Although I must admit that I am intrigued by this Pepperoni Party of which he speaks.)
Guy: "Well, you sound like such a lovely lady that I also would like to tell you that it's Crazy Tuesday and it's the same price for any size pizza."
Me: "Oh, Crazy Tuesday you say? So, if I order a large, it's the same price?"
Guy: "Yes."
Me: "Okay, I'll take a large then."
Guy: "Excellent, one large thin-crust pepperoni then."
Me: "Oh no, sorry - I just want regular crust."
Guy: "Oh, deepest apologies miss. I think I make this mistake because your voice reminds me of someone who likes to watch their figure. I think you are probably small size, right?"
Me: "Uhhh. Well, ummmmmm. Ahhhh, hmmmmm. Yes, I suppose I am."
Guy: "I can tell these things."
Me: "Umm, ok. Thanks? Uhh, well, I sure am looking forward to that pizza! How much is that again?"

Discuss.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that you sound skinny! Just wanted to let you know I linked your blog to mine at www.americanabroad.blogger.com Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

So just kidding! I'm at http://americanabroad.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Ha...I found it anyway b/c I'm smart like that. :) Ditto!

Monique said...

too funny!
thanks - that gave me a good giggle this morning:)

mom said...

My daughter the comedian! Thanks for the chuckle..I needed one this morning! Sometimes I really think you should have become a writer...

Heather said...

Hey - I don't write the news...I just report it :)

Kim said...

strange.