Thursday, April 06, 2006

Time Heals Most Wounds

A while back, right after we had moved here and I was feeling very homesick, I made a list of the things I missed about home. At this point, now that I'm over my homesickness and am loving being here, I thought it might be nice to re-visit this topic - in a new way.

Top 10 Things I Still Miss About Home:
(not necessarily in this order)
1. Driving
2. Char-Grill hot dogs
3. Sweet iced tea
4. Our house
5. Cameron Village and Crabtree Mall and other local shopping
6. Ellen Degeneres Show
7. Being able to hop in a car and drive two hours to visit family
8. Light Beer
9. Lazy football weekends
10. My girlfriends

Top 10 Things I'm Going To Miss About London After We Leave:
(not necessarily in this order)
1. Not driving
2. One of our fave restaurants here - 1492 Latin Fusion
3. Proper British tea in a pub
4. Having a small flat with only one bathroom to clean
5. Portobello Road and Camden Markets
6. The original "What Not to Wear"
7. Being able to hop on a train and be in another country in two hours
8. Strongbow Cider
9. Touristy sight-seeing weekends
10. My girlfriends

See what I did there with the corresponding numbers? You are in awe of my cleverness, no?

2 comments:

Beth said...

If it will help you with your homesickness, Trinny and Susanne are now on BBC America! At least they are in VA, so I assume you'll still have them grabbing each other in NC as well!! Thanks for showing Andrea my blog, I feel like I know you guys already!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.