Thursday, June 15, 2006

I am officially with hat!


Tuesday, I went hat shopping with Andrea. We're going to Royal Ascot with the American Women's Club next week! Truth be told, I'm a touch more excited at the prospect of attending an event that requires a hat than I am about the actual races. I always wanted to go the Kentucky Derby back in the states and this is like the mother of all hat/horse events! As some of you may have already read in Andrea's post, my purchase "entitled" me to a hat box in which to tote around my purchase. I use "entitled" in quotes because it was really more of a burden than anything. I made the comment that if they're going to give you a hat box, they really should also bestow upon you a personal butler for the day to schlep the damn hat box up and down Oxford Street. I was going to post a picture of the hat but I was inspired by Andrea's coquettish-ness and determined that you'll just have to wait for pictures of us at Ascot. Besides, the effect is really lost when you model your very Audrey-Hepburn-Breakfast-at-Tiffany's-inspired hat with your pink pajama pants and green Ramones t-shirt.

3 comments:

andrea said...

Good picture of the hat box :) It really is much better once sitting at home all pretty isn't it? I can't wait for the Ascot!

Beth said...

I love that the box tells you what it is! Can't wait to see pics of Ascot. It'll be just like Pretty Woman! ;)

Heather said...

Yes it is Andrea! What a PITA that thing was!

Beth, I know - how funny is that?! Just so there's no confusion and so I won't try to put saaaaay... my cat in there. Or my shoes... Or books..... Nope. Hats only please.