Monday, June 19, 2006

Is this sad or what?

Here I sit, reading, surfing, and waiting for the Carolina Hurricanes game to start and my ears perked up at what I thought for a split second, was the sound of a chorus of crickets. This is one of the most soothing noises known to me for some reason. Though I was never meant to be a country dweller for life and am a city mouse through and through now, I grew up falling asleep to this very sound every summer evening of my childhood. Maybe someone who's never lived in the country can't really imagine how glorious this noise is but to those of you who have, you know what I'm talking about. Back to reality. After sticking my head out the window, I realized it was an alarm going off in the distance somewhere and that the fan in the living room dulled the noise to make it sound like the crickets. Sigh.

On another note... GO CANES! Rip the Oilers a new one and show them that Canadians aren't the only ones who can play some damn hockey! Sorry y'all. This sport brings out the devil in me. It's game 7 and I'm just a little on edge.

No comments: