Monday, June 19, 2006

Picnics, Hippies, and Musicals! Oh my!

Ok, that was an exceptionally lame and unimaginative title for a post. Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. We spent a lovely and relaxing weekend soaking up the London springtime. Saturday - a picnic in Holland Park.


Sun dried tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella, yummmmmmm. Also on the menu was pita bread and houmous, watermelon, some sort of little chicken and feta cheese pastry parcels, and chicken caesar salad.



An over-dose of organic houmous may result in strange behavior where one thinks one is being hilarious by scrunching their neck into their collar like a turtle.

Sunday - another picnic in Parsons Green (which also happened to be the site of some sort of environmental fair this particular Sunday, resulting in the best people watching of our lives...).


Sun dried tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella, yummmmmmm. It's like deja vu all over again. Also on the menu was pita bread and houmous, parma ham and chorizo, chicken tikka, cheese bread, and an assortment of baklava.



All the sudden, we heard this commotion and looked up to see this man on some sort of tricked out bike, peddling through the park yelling that story time was about to start.


This is my "Holy crap! A strange man on some sort of tricked out bike just peddled through the park yelling that story time was about to start!" face.


Then, these people sat down near us. Thank God we were finished eating. I think she may have actually been going for this look on purpose because at one point, she reached back there and felt around as if to ensure that her underwear and most of her ass was showing.


Then, of course, there was the orangutan. Because, what's a picnic/environmental fair without orangutans?




Much to our delight, we noticed this sign proclaiming that any willing adult could wear the orangutan costume for 15 minutes! Sweet!


These weirdo girls were constantly doing Bikram Yoga on these mats the whole time we were there. From what I could tell, Bikram Yoga is pretty much a spastic, jerky version of normal yoga where there's lots of jumping up sporadically and scaring the crap out of people walking by. Oh yeah, and you're supposed to do it in a hot room so you sweat out "toxins". I know a better way to rid yourself of toxins. QUIT WEARING PATCHOULI OIL. That crap stinks!


I'm not really sure why there were goats at the environmental fair. However I do think it's safe to assume that they weren't advertising "Baby goat - the new veal!"




And Sunday night - Show Boat at the Royal Albert Hall! It was really nice and the staging was spectacular.


That Jason just loooooooves musicals!


We couldn't quite figure out how to best highlight my delicate and flawless bone structure AND show the stage in the background at the same time.




And just for fun, here's like the cutest picture of our cat George ever. His favorite place in the flat is this window sill so I had to move the photos off of it for him yesterday. This is his way of showing appreciation.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Between that wine spritzer and the musicals, Jason must be very secure in himself! Looks like a great weekend!!

Melanie said...

Ummm so I really want to wear the orangutan costume...like really bad...perhaps we can put that on our "Things Melanie needs to do on her next trip to Londizzle" list. Miss you still and Go freaking Canes. As I have been saying, "I have bad 'Go Canes' habit". Tonight is the night...and should we lose I am going to send them all of my bar tabs for reimbursement. Seriously.

A Novelist said...

OMG - Orangutan's, yoga, weird man on very strange bike...LOL. And the photo of the woman who can't keep her pants on...priceless. I hate when people display their underwear in public. LOL. Great post. Dispite all the obstacles, it looks like you had fun. :)

Heather said...

Beth - ha! I'll tell him you said so :)

Melanie - It has been added to the list. I'll arrange it for you. GO CANES!

Novelist - Despite? More like, "due to"! I've never been so intrigued by my surroundings :)

Kim said...

LMAO! This post was the most disturbingly funny thing I have read all day!