Friday, June 02, 2006

Stanley Cup Baby!!!!!


We're going to the finals!!!!!!! All the nights of staying up till 3:00 am to watch the playoff games has paid off. My beloved Hurricanes beat the Sabres 4 to 2 last night in game 7. I may or may not have shed a tear or two when the buzzer sounded to signal the end of the game. Ok, whatever. I cried. There, I said it. It was a mixture of happiness and also a little homesickness because the game was a home game in Raleigh and we would have given anything to have been there in the RBC Center with everyone. You could tell on tv that the atmosphere was electric. I'm getting a little verklempt discussing it now so I'm going to wrap it up. Rod Brind'Amour, you're my hero. Eric Stall, call me. Mike Commodore, keep rocking the red 'fro. Cam Ward, keep rocking my socks off with those unbelievable saves. And Erik Cole, catch you on the flip side. GO CANES!

1 comment:

A Novelist said...

I LOVE sports! It's even better when your favorite team makes it into the Playoffs/Superbowl/World Series. Congrats and have fun cheering for them! ;)