Monday, June 05, 2006

You can take the girl out of the fashion world...


...but you can't take the love for fashion out of the girl. Today was sooooo exciting for me. Some of you may know (and some may not) that I was a fashion major in college (that's "uni" for the brits reading) and worked in the industry for a while (with Tommy Hilfiger). It's something that has always been near and dear to my heart. My friend Meghan and I went to the Graduate Fashion Week shows today and had an absolute blast. It was such a rush when the lights went down and the music started thumping and the first girl stomped her way down the catwalk. I felt like I was in another world. It's a very respected event as well since some of the designers to have been "discovered" here in the past are Julien McDonald, Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney, and (GASP!) John Galliano who is so brilliant it blows my mind. Here are some photos...

One of the designers collections



The dog (which can't be seen in this pic) was wearing a little frock that went with the rest of the collection.



One of the designs that I thought was particularly interesting



The end of the first show



Champagne break! That's Meghan...



What would a fashion event be without Moet anyway?



A couple of shots from the last show of the day




The end of the last show



All my programs and tickets

2 comments:

Monique said...

Oh WOW it looks like it was an amazing day! How exciting!!

A Novelist said...

this is SO cool. I love fashion shows. Glad you had fun! :)