Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hmmm, very interesting...

Anyone else notice that yesterday when I posted about nearly having 10,000 hits on here, so many nice readers came out of the woodwork to announce their Nutshell Love (seriously guys, thank you so much for the nice things you all said), but not one single person (friend or family) commented from home. So apparently, complete and total strangers read my blog, but my real-life friends and family back in NC just can't be bothered. Awesome. Way to make a girl feel loved and missed. It's pissed me off for a while now that the frequent commenters are people I've befriended here (Monique, Andrea) and people who stumbled upon my site and I now feel like I know in some crazy way (Novelist, Beth) but rarely, if ever, does anyone from home take time to do so. Although most did at first now that I think about it... I guess the longer you're gone, the less people care. I'm not trying to throw some pity party for myself here. If anything, it's more a pissy party. I just needed to get that off my chest.

11 comments:

Melanie said...

Alright missy...I am going to comment every time you post...you know I love you...and by the way, do you have any idea what is going on in my life right now? Mu ah ah ah ah (that's the Donald Trump laugh we used to do).

Heather said...

I'm emailing you, you crazy skank :)

Heather said...

And to whomever "annonymous" was (whose post I deleted because I don't allow snippy annonymous posts on here), I would like to know exactly what you mean by the comment "works both ways". If you're going to be catty, at least say who you are.

andrea said...

You go Heather! Why do people not realize this is your place to post what you want, and you can monitor and delete as necessary? Crazy commenters!

Catherine said...

Oh, don't be sad!! Of course you are missed. You know I read your blog every day (so does Rob!) and we even discuss your adventures (we have no life). We shall now discuss them in your comment section. :-)

Melissa said...

I know exactly how you feel! I've been gone from NC for 4 years, and by this point, most of my family and friends from there don't really keep in touch like they did at first. Oh well, sometimes with being far away, your friends become your family!

Beth said...

Read the debacle of my sunglasses post with my family...

Bil With One L said...

Dearest Heather,

I am guilty. I have been living vicariously through your blogs for nearly a year. So why haven't I commented. It's simple really.

I'm afraid.

I live a simple existence...mostly "off the grid". To commit my comments to the permenance of a blog is simply unhealthy to my future...but the hell with it...I'm here to get my comments on.

My first piece of business: I apologize for not commenting in the past.

My second piece: I promise to comment each time I view Life in a Nutshell in the future. But just let me warn you: you may become irritated with me real quick.

I've told you many times, I have always loved your blog, and will continue to love your blog, the biggest difference now will be my participation.

You take care. Stop by next time you're in the office in Raleigh.

B Bo

Heather said...

Awwww, Bil with one l... Now you've gone and made me feel guilty. I know you lova da blog. You tell me so via email and this, it makes me very happy. I'm sorry I virtually yelled at everyone. And you don't have to comment if you don't want to be immortalized in the form of blogspot. I understand and grant you a pardon :) I will certainly stop by for a visit next time I'm in town. Could you please air-mail me a Chick-Fil-A biscuit in the meantime?

Much Love,
Heather

Sue said...

Heather,
We lived in Singapore for 12 years and I can honestly tell you that we had fewer than a dozen phonecalls from home during that time...Who knows? Was it the cost?The time problem? Too many numbers to dial? If there had been blogs, my guess is, I would have had the same results as you!!

Heather said...

Sue - very frustrating isn't it?!?