Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hot child in the city

Lucky us. The longest, coldest, and wettest winter many residents we've spoken to can remember. The hottest summer on official record in the UK. Welcome Heather and Jason! Freeze your arses off for 7 months! Then, burn in the inferno that is the city in the summer! Today, I experienced the joy that is "the midday switch". After a volunteer training session in Westminster this morning, I commuted back to the flat on the tube. By the time I rode the tube and walked to the flat, I had to actually change my bra and knickers. (Sorry if that's TMI for some of you. Get over it. You're not the one sweating through your knickers.) That just ain't right.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I'm on my third bra today. Granted, one was a sports bra, but still. Maybe tomorrow we should all just go without! ;)

Janet said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean, Heather. I thought I'd have a "one outfit" day yesterday, since I commuted into Oxford in my air-conditioned car and was taking air-conditioned Park 'N Ride busses. But NOOOOO....the one going out of Oxford was so blazing hot it felt like the heating was on.

So, I got home. Changed EVERYTHING again.

Oh well...

Janet

(lordcelery.blogspot.com)

Beth N said...

The joy! You have to change your clothes 5 times a day... and create tons of laundry which will then take the next 2 months to finish a cycle in the teeny, tiny washers. I LOVE London. :)

Melanie said...

I don't even know what to say...maybe you should hire a hot cabana like boy to fan you down every day...and of course he could also take a break every so often to prepare another frozen daiquiri or margarita...what did I mean when I said that I had nothing to say...I'm a genious!!!