Friday, July 07, 2006

The Mod Squad

Yesterday, Meghan, Andrea, and I went to the Victoria & Albert Museum to check out the 60's Fashion exhibit. It was pretty cool but my photos didn't turn out great because it's really dark if you don't use a flash and if you use a flash, you get a big white dot where it reflects in the glass. Anyway, here they are.


This is the amazing glass sculpture at the entrance to the museum.




Yes, I know it's a charachter in a James Bond movie, but the 4th grader in me can't help but crack up.



And that's exactly what you'll be putting on display by wearing a dress this short.



This is exactly what I think of when I think 60's Fashion



Meghan and Andrea



I fell in love with this confection


Later, we turned up at the Harrods terrace cafe and somehow managed to plow through a good amount of champagne (and strawberries and a monstrous bowl of french fries) over the next few hours. Well, Meghan and I did anyway. Andrea is on a health kick and made us drink alone but don't worry - we'll get her back in the game soon! The funniest part was the at the next table, there was a cute little girl with three older ladies and she must have been bored to tears because she spent the entire time pretending she was hanging out with us. Whenever we were chatting, she'd sit there, turned around in her chair to face us, and mouth words and do all these over-the-top hand gestures while alternately rolling her eyes, grinning wildly, or nodding her head knowlingly. We were cracking up so much we could barely concentrate on what each other was saying!

Today, Meghan and I are off to Wimbledon - excited to go but sad to be one gal down in our entourage...

4 comments:

andrea said...

Nah, you will have a fantastic time and I expect to see lots of photos! And then, when all this is over, we need to get tickets for next year - so we don't have to wait in line or dial in furiously to Ticketmaster to get 2 tickets!! Have a great time, and drink some champagne for me :)

A Novelist said...

Have a wonderful time at Wimbledon (and please post pics). :)

Beth said...

I so want to see that exhibit! Btw, Dirty Dancing the musical is set to open (I think) at the Aldwych? Would that sound right? I'm hoping you'll check it out before I fly over for it. I trust your reviews! ;)

Heather said...

I'll see what I can do Beth! Anything to help out a fellow expat :)