Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Who are you?

So, as I have been stricken with insomnia for the second time this week (I thought the 3 pints would HELP, no?), I got online to play around. I then decided to log into Yahoo IM because I had two people yell at me this evening that they sent me invitations to be on their buddy list, to which I had not yet replied. As soon as I log on, I had several pop ups that said "So And So wants permission to add you to their buddy list". I click through them, saying yes to all the people I know, and then one pops up with this screen name: "mdjohnmd" or something like that. This name does not ring a bell. Perhaps it is the 3 pints. Perhaps it is that I do not, in fact, know an mdjohnmd. If I know you and I have ignored you, please accept my apologies but I'm just not familiar with that screen name. If you are out there mdjohnmd, please email me and put an end to my inquiring mind. I think I would like you because your name reminds me of the TV show "Trapper John MD" and that, in turn, reminds me of Trapper Keepers. And who the hell doesn't love Trapper Keepers? Am I right? (Except the boring solid colored ones. I only liked the ones with glittery unicorns and stuff on them.)

Holy Jesus I'm old.

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Heather,

I was referred to your blog by another blogger. I'd love you to volunteer to be a Mentor to expat women moving to London, on our new web site, www.ExpatWomen.com. For fear of yet more Spam, I'm not keen to leave my email, but please visit our web site and if it sparks your interest, use the emails on the site to contact me. I'd really love you to be involved, as you run a great blog.
Kindest regards, Andrea.

Beth said...

I loved Trapper Keepers. So sparkly, and with such fun little pockets inside. Now I just settle for anything from Paperchase.

Heather said...

Oh Beth - you and I are so much alike. I'm not allowed in Paperchase anymore :)

A Novelist said...

I was talking to a new gal who started at my office, and we were talking about our high school years. I asked her if she had a Trapper Keeper. She looked at me and said, "What's a Trapper Keeper...?" GRRR.

I'm old too. ;)

andrea said...

OMG - I loved loved loved my Trapper Keeper! I had a lavender one, and it definitely had glitter and unicorns on it. I never liked Lisa Frank as much, remember that? Trapper Keepers were the best! And finally, you are on yahoo IM!

One L said...

PUHHHLEASE! A Trapper Keeper does not make a person old. A Planet of The Apes lunch box with matching thermos does that... and I was willingly brandishing this nostalgic combo to school everyday as a youth in 4 feet of Michigan snow (up hill, both ways).

Bil With One L said...

Sorry...my old name was "one L"... I signed in wrong. You'll have to forgive me, I'm old and I used to carry a Planet of the Apes lunch box.

B Bo

Melanie said...

I remember at my school they would not allow us to have Trapper Keepers after like a year and I think that's because of the velcro sound. And I am not kidding. And I must say too that I am with your friend Andrea about Lisa Frank...all of this is totally bringing it back old school. I love it!

Heather said...

Y'all best not be knocking on my girl Lisa! I think I still have my Lisa Frank sticker book!!

And um, Planet of the Apes? Wow. That's some serious lunch-boxing. The best I can do is my original Smurfs lunch box from kindergarten!

Catherine said...

LOL about the school banning the velcro. It's totally understandable though. If I were a teacher and I heard velcro all day I might go insane. I'm all about the Trapper. I did indeed have one with unicorns and I am MUCH older than you! You know, I could really use a Trapper Keeper these days. They are so handy for organization. I may have to go get one now and I'll think of you every time I use it!

Melanie said...

Ok so I am checking out your blog today, but there is no new entry, but I am commenting anyway. Booooooooooooyoooooooooow.