Sunday, August 20, 2006

I don't wanna be anything other than what I been tryin' to be lately

Friday night, we went to see Gavin DeGraw with our friends Monique and Murray. I really enjoyed the show and he rocked my socks off with Chemical Party, I Don't Wanna Be, and Chariot. However, I must say (Smellanie, you will be happy to know this) that I thought the show he did in Raleigh about a year ago was better. Maybe it was all the cool covers he did (American Pie, Let's Get it On, etc...) then or all the banter with the audience. I dunno... Anyway, he is an amazing piano player and I love the whole "rocker guy with sick pythons (that was for you Nancy) playing such a delicate instrument" thing. He's also not too shabby on the guitar... Anyway, here are a couple of photos. He was standing on top of his piano in the last one.




Tonight, we're off to see the ROLLING FREAKING STONES. Holy cow. Jealous much y'all?

3 comments:

Monique said...

OMG I didn't know you were going to see the Stones this weekend too!
WOW
Did they rock?

Heather said...

Did they rock? DID THEY ROCK? Of course they rocked! It's the ROLLING F-ING STONES! They rocked my face off! ;-)

I'm writing my post right now. It'll be up in the next 30 minutes or so!

Catherine said...

Good thing he left his hat on. No one wants to see that Michael Bolton hair ala 1990. ;-) You KNOW I had to say something. Oh and by the way...mr. wordplay is growing on me. :)