Thursday, August 24, 2006

On the road again... I just can't wait to get on the road again...

Goin' places that I've never been. Seein' things that I may never see again. And I can't wait to get on the road again.

May thanks to one Mr. Willie Nelson for providing today's title. This weekend is "Bank Holiday" which is my country's version of Labor Day for all my 'Merican readers. So, in the spirit of the European lifestyle, we're taking off on the Eurostar (train travel is tres chic, no?) to go to Bruges, Belgium tomorrow. It's supposed to be very cute and romantic and we're staying at a little boutique hotel on the canal so we're both rather looking forward to it.

My only problem is this: I have an entire bin's worth of laundry to do and a washer with roughly the capacity of a mixing bowl. I reckon I'd better get started... Wish me luck!

4 comments:

A Novelist said...

Oh, have a wonderful time! Belgium is very romantic and super quaint. Good luck with the laundry! :)

Beth said...

Come on, where's that laundry spirit? You can do it!

Kim said...

sorry, haven't been on your blog in ages! Have Fun!

The very nice man said...

Being German by birth and having criss-crossed Belgium for years I have not as yet found anything good to say about this flat, dreary, boring, rainy country and really look forward to hearing something nice and exciting about it. So do tell us how it went!
Erik