Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A post of a different color

I don't usually use my blog as a platform for stuff like this but my little cousin (Yes, he's 21, but he'll always be a "little" cousin to me.) left for Iraq yesterday. He's in the Marines and will be on a 9 month tour of duty over there. Please say some extra prayers (if that's your thing) or send some extra good thoughts his way (if that's more your thing) over that time period. Whether or not we agree or disagree with the war/occupation/whatever you want to call it is irrelevant. I just want him to come home safe. He's more like a nephew or little brother to me and I love him to bits. What's more, his mom (my aunt) is more like a second mom to me and I love her to bits too. So if you've got some extra prayers/good thoughts left over, maybe send some her way as well.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

My thoughts & prayers are with them.

Rachel
Fellow Sometime Blogger

A Novelist said...

He will be in my thoughts and prayers.
:)

Monique said...

he'll be in my thoughts

Beth said...

You're all in my thoughts.

Mom said...

Heather, this is so sweet and brought tears (again) to my eyes as I was reading this. I know Aunt Sandy and Adam appreciates all the thoughts and prayers!! Love you!

Jules & Paul said...

My thoughts are prayers are with him, your family and all his fellow soldiers currently serving overseas.

Heather said...

Thanks everyone :)

Aunt Sandy said...

Hather, This was very sweet of you. You know you hold a special place in my heart. Who else but you would have lead your Xanax'ed Aunt through the airport not once but twice! Love you!