Thursday, September 21, 2006

No boys allowed!

Yoga class was interesting yesterday. Some observations/thoughts:

1. We had a new instructor. Apparently the one we had the first two weeks was a fill-in. I liked that one better.
2. Aforementioned new instructor kicked my hiney. She's not messin' around with form and technique and stuff...
3. Only my third class and I can already do downward dog with my heels flat on the mat!! This is a major accomplishment for me because I was so totally not even remotely flexible before starting.
4. I need my own mat because the ones in the studio smell stinky. I learned this because we had to spend an extended amount of time in the plank position while working on our breathing and core muscle engagement. Peeeee-yew!
5. I am currently accepting offers to purchase said mat for me. I want the Agoy mat from Sweaty Betty in hot pink with the matching bag.
6. There was a dude in class. Eww. I don't like boys in yoga class. And wouldn't you know it, he rolled out his mat right behind mine. Perv. And he had REALLY hairy legs and arms. Gross.

4 comments:

Monique said...

Ewwwwwwww a boy in yoga?
I hope he wasn't wearing spandex!

Beth said...

I REALLY don't like boys in my yoga classes. Oh, and check out Calmia before you buy a mat because they have some purty stuff.

Heather said...

Mo - Thank God, no he wasn't :) I think I would have thrown up a little in my mouth if he had been...

Beth - THANKS for the recommendation :) I just ordered the pink lotus one online! Hopefully it'll arrive before my next class...

Beth said...

Awesome! We've got matching yoga mats now! ;)