Monday, September 04, 2006

Oh the irony.

In all my life I don't ever remember willingly getting out of bed before 6:00 AM unless it was to catch a flight/train. When I was working, I certainly never got up before 6:45. Yet, here I am for the first time in my life with the ability to sleep till 10:00 everyday if I so choose (not that I would want to... just knowing that I can...) and I was lacing up my trainers before the sun was even up. Jason and I got out of bed at 5:45 this morning to go to the gym. And guess what. We're doing it again tomorrow. And the next day. And the next. You get the picture. He finally quit the super-cheap gym at work to join my very expensive gym by our flat so we could actually get in a routine of going regularly instead of the sporadic and useless workouts we would do on our own once a month or every other month or whatever. And instead of going after he gets off work like most people, we decided we enjoy our evenings together too much to spend them at the gym. So here I am. Only 7:30-something and I've already ran a 5k, worked out my legs, arms, and abs, and been to Starbucks.

2 comments:

Beth said...

My opinion of you has just lowered considerably. ;)

andrea said...

I, for one, don't know whether to think you are incredibly dedicated or just crazy. I think I have decided on the latter!