Monday, October 16, 2006

Can't help lovin' that man o' mine

Tomorrow, Jason and I leave to go to France for a week to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of the day we finally tied the knot after seven and a half years of shacking up in sin. I'm warning you now. This is going to get mushy. Today I shall lay aside my usual commentary of snark and snip and sarcasm in favor of sincerity (see my stunning use of superb alliteration there?) and expound on all the wonders that are this guy:
































I love him because...

1. We get each others' jokes. The kind of jokes that no one else would laugh at.
2. He likes to celebrate the most mundane of achievements and occassions.
3. He takes me out for my favorite food when I have a bad day.
4. He makes me feel cute even in my pajamas and glasses with my hair tied in a knot on top of my head.
5. He kisses me on top of the head when I'm sad.
6. He acts like he "lets" me watch Sex and the City and Felicity but I catch him paying attention sometimes.
7. He's a really really good jewelry picker-outer.
8. He's really smart and knows how to do all sorts of boy-type things.
9. He always encourages me no matter what sort of hobby I decide to pick up.
10. He's really handsome and a good dresser most of the time.
11. He quit eating fois gras when we learned how they get it.
12. He likes pretty and classy celebrities like Kate Winslet and Salma Hayek and not the skanky slutty ones like Angelina Jolie.
13. He's supportive of my designer bag habit but not so supportive that I'm completely spoiled.
14. He continues to surprise me after nearly 11 years together.
15. We have so much fun together that I always think how lucky I am that we're best friends who just so happen to be married to one another.
16. There's no one else I'd rather build pillow forts with.

And just for fun, here are some old photos of us. They're scans so not great quality but...

In Napa Valley when we got engaged:



Having fun back in the Ra-to-the-leigh:



Us at our "Jack and Jill" wedding shower:



And not so old - last year on our anniversary trip to Paris:




So that's it out of me for a week. But look forward to loads of pictures from France when we return!

10 comments:

A Novelist said...

What a great post. Happy Anniversary. Have a fabulous time in France! :)

Monique said...

AHhhh cute pictures! Have a FANTASTIC trip! Can't wait to see the photos:)

Jules & Paul said...

Awww! What a great post. Happy anniversary to you! Hope you have an absolutely wonderful trip.

Beth said...

Happy Anniversary!! Have a great trip, and try to say "sacre bleu" at least once. ;)

andrea said...

Aw, that is so sweet! I hope you guys have a fabulous time, and I except to see many a photo of you and Jason and some wine! Be careful!

Mom said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You and Jason still make a cute couple!! Hope you have a wonderful trip. Love amd miss you both! :)

andrea said...

And I do know English and meant to say 'expect' to see, not 'except' to see. Clearly perusing blogs while in class is not a good idea!

Karen said...

I just came across your blog. You are a girl after my own heart, I hate those 80 style trends, love the preppy chic. Glad to see I am not the only one. Happy Anniversary!!!

Karen

Heather said...

Thanks everybody! Y'all are too kind :-)

Paige said...

Happy Anniversary..........a little late! LOL

My husband and I were living together for 6 years before we got married and have now been married for 4 years. Lovin' every minute of it too.