Thursday, October 19, 2006

Muwhahahahaha!

(That's my sinister laugh in case you didn't pick up on it...)

So, you thought you were rid of me for a week, eh? Well, not when I have my trusty PowerBook G4 and a wi-fi connection at the hotel! Foiled again!

However, my wi-fi connection is sadly not stable enough to post a photo despite the fact that I am paying ten euros for it. All I was really going to post is a picture of us in a rowboat on the canal at Chateau de Versailles. So, imagine if you will, a beautiful sunset over a sparkling sheet of water and my hair blowing gently in the breeze and me looking so radiant and beautiful that it puts Heidi Klum to shame and Jason strongly and swiftly rowing us around with minimal effort, his arm muscles straining against the sleeves of his Ralph Lauren blue stripe Vintage Oxford shirt. Or something like that... You know, whatever...

Now, about last night. Last night was our actual anniversary day so Jason had made a reservation at literally the nicest restaurant in Versailles. It even had a Michelin star. Which, ok, I'm fine with but he was over the moon about, what with him being such a foodie. I hate to say it but we were sorely disappointed. The atmosphere was sooooo stuffy that we felt like we couldn't even laugh out loud. The service was borderline obsequious. The food was just fine. We think we would have been ok with it if it had cost like 200 - 250 euros. But it did not. I didn't see the bill but doing the addition in my head...let's just say it was a fair bit more than 200 - 250 euros. Oh well. Lesson learned. Just because it has a Michelin star, doesn't mean we'll think it's worth it.

But not to worry. The best part of the trip is yet to come. Four days in the Liore Valley, lazing about and drinking wine and eating cheese and bread...

And today, I'm going into Paris. There's not much to do in Versailles once you've done the Chateau so I'm going to head to the Champs Elysees to window shop. Last time we were here, I didn't go to the Sephora and Louis Vuitton flagship stores (which are supposed to be amazing) because Jason and I were together and I didn't want to drag him around doing that. It's a better solo activity, n'est pas? (Or as Jack would say - "Nes cafe?")

6 comments:

Monique said...

Happy Anniversary!
The Sephora store is huge! Have a great time:)

Mom said...

Hope you guys have a great time! Sounds like you are so far!! Love you!!!

Beth said...

Sounds like a great trip. And btw, you should strongly think about writing romance novels!

Mom said...

Beth, I agree!! I've told Heather before that I thought she had missed her calling in life...that she should have been a writer.

Melanie said...

Happy anniversary to you and Jason! Do you know what anniversary it was last Wednesday??? Well the two year anniversary of meeting me of course! And that poor sucker Chucker is still there at S&R...anyway, happy happy anniversary! And by the way, when I saw your title it only made me think of Trump...

Jenny Williams said...

I hope that you had a wonderful anniversary...You were in the perfect place to celebrate..Love you! Jenny