Friday, October 27, 2006

My husband the philosopher

Yesterday was not a good day for me. Without going into details, let me just say that a few things happened and I let them get me down. I've always wanted to be one of those strong people who push through and only get more determined when things go wrong. Alas, I am not. I am one of those people who want to crawl under the duvet and cry. So I did. At roughly 9:15 last night, I decided to put an end to the day that broke me and told Jason that I couldn't take any more. Day over. Bedtime.

This morning at our post-workout coffee, Jason says to me "Allright, when life throws you lemons...throw bricks back." Screw all this happy "make lemonade" crap. Fight back. So I will. In the words of Nina Simone, and now Michael Buble, "It's a new dawn. It's a new day. It's a new life. And I'm feelin' good."

Sorry for this "woe is me" interlude. More France pics coming later today hopefully...

6 comments:

Aisby said...

You always need a good cry when life hands you lemons. It's like that stinking lemon squirts you in the eye. But then you need to pound that sucker...forget lemonade, make lemon drops...vodka will make you forget your cares.

andrea said...

i'm sorry heather, i hope you are feeling better! i know the feeling! we have to get together soon and find some of those bricks to throw back :) rosebud salve from sephora?

A Novelist said...

I'm sorry the day didn't treat you well. Sometimes "lemons" suck! I hope you have a great weekend and try not to let things get you down. I love your Paris pics! ;)

Beth said...

I'm with Aisby. When life gives me lemons, I make adult lemonade. And after a few of those, the bricks become the logical conclusion. Hang in there! Hope you have a better weekend!!

Paige said...

Hope you are feeling better today. I like the adult lemonade idea myself.

My husband LOVES Nina Simone.

Heather said...

Thanks y'all ;-) Why didn't I think of "adult lemonade"??

And Andrea - you are the one person I can always count on to share my love for the Rosebud... Only you could understand how a lip balm could make problems go away ;-)