Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It's officialy official.

I have cracked up. When Jason is away, I tend to talk absentmindedly to the cats. (Now, I don't expect them to answer mind you. That would be psych-ward cracked up.) But I say random things to them like "Who wants a treat?" or "George, would you like a belly ruuuuuuuuuub?" or "Elwin, it's bedtime! Come on up!" or maybe even "Who's mommy's little pumpkin pie? You are! You are! Yes you are!" if one is being particularly affectionate.

However, today, I reached a whole new level of cuckoo. I talked to my bag. Maybe it's because most of my bags have names (given by the designers, not by me). But as I was on my way home today, I got caught in a light shower. Shocking, I know... considering I live in London and it's November. I digress. So I walked in and immediately grabbed a dry cloth to blot my bag and let it dry out for a bit. When I walked over to check on it later, it had dried perfectly and without any spots at all. Here it comes. Wait for it. I said, "Nice recovery Edith! Well done!"

Y'all just marinate on that for a while. I'm off to make an appointment with a therapist.


"A little help here please? My handler has clearly lost it. And for Godssakes will someone tell her to not use a flash when photographing me??? It simply doesn't do a thing for my skin!"

9 comments:

Beth said...

I'm sorry, did I read that right? Do you have an Edith, as in a Chloe Edith?! If so, I'd buy it it's own little umbrella!

Heather said...

Good god, girl you are quick! While you were commenting I added a photo and quote straight from Edith's mouth...

So that answers your question :) (It was my anniversary gift from Jason. The traditional three years gift is leather. Lucky me!!!)

Aisby said...

HELLO...if that's the bag you're talking to you are NOT in need of therapy. EDITH IS GORGEOUS!!!

SkylarKD said...

lol - glad to know I'm not the only one who talks to inatimate objects sometimes. ;)
I've been feeling a bit saner lately though, talking to the baby in my belly. I figure, hell, at least that's a person-in-progress (and the books say he/she may be able to hear me by now)!

andrea said...

Please, after all you guys have been through lately I don't blame you for talking to Edith and taking care of her, I would be exactly the same :)

Beth said...

She is so gorgeous. And so very British. I love her! Edith, if Heather keeps abusing you come and live with me!

The very nice man said...

Edith??? C'mon!! How very British!!
Well, Heather, you just saved me a lot of money. I was going to sign my wife up for the happy place with the white coats because she talks to the dishwasher.
"Ooohh, you dirty thing, you're out od salt again!"
Now I realise that this is a female thing!! Thanks for clearing this one up for me!
But . . Edith???
Damn!!
Very funny post though and YES, the bag IS nice!! I agree!
Erik

Heather said...

Erik - Just to clarify, I didn't name her. Chloe did and they have a British head designer right now and all their bag names reflect that at the moment...

And don't ship your wife off just yet :) Only when the dishwasher talks back to her...

Catherine said...

I must be living under a rock. I'm going to have to renew my subscription to In Style.