Thursday, November 30, 2006

What are you thankful for?

I know Thanksgiving was a week ago but my aunt just sent me these pictures today. This is my "little" cousin who's in the Marines and is serving in Iraq right now. His platoon was in a soccer tournament over Thanksgiving and even though they were beat in the finals by the Uganda Marines, I'm thankful that he was playing soccer on Thanksgiving and not behind a machine gun.


That's him right in the middle between the two Uganda guys. We all miss you Adam!

2 comments:

Aisby said...

It's always nice to see a smiling face, especially when you know that they spend much of their time in danger.
My cousin is in Afghanistan...he returned there when his son was 2 months old, and won't seem him again until after his first birthday. But it always makes me feel better when he tells me that things aren't as bad as our news makes them out to be. I don't know if this is the truth, but it does make me feel better.

Mom said...

You go girl!!! I couldn't agree more! Weren't the pictures great? I just enjoyed seeing his smiling face again! :) Love you and looking forward to seeing you guys soon!!!