Saturday, November 04, 2006

When bad things happen to dumb people: II

If I'm going to ridicule others for being dumb, I might as well take aim at myself when I deserve it too. Today, as we were leaving Richmond to go back to Fulham, we stopped at Starbucks to get some coffee for home. My phone rang while I was in line (it was Jason calling from the queue for the bathroom to tell me to get him a Peppermint Mocha) and I kept it in my hand instead of putting it back in it's cozy little pocket in my bag. When we walked out of the Bucks, I dropped my phone into the carrier bag and thought to myself at the time "Self, you should just go ahead and put that back in your purse instead of dropping into this Starbucks bag." and I said, "Self, you shut up because I don't want to unzip my purse, put the phone inside, and zip it back up. That's seems like a lot of trouble for nothing."

We get on the train and I set the bag in the floor and I thought to myself, "Self, you should probably either set that bag on the seat or ask Jason to put it in the backpack because you might forget it when you get off the train." and I said "Self, you shut up because I'm tired and I don't want to pick that bag up right now. That seems like a lot of trouble for nothing."

Cut to us on another train after changing at Earl's Court, one stop away from Fulham. Cue me smacking myself in the forehead and saying "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit." over and over.

I am stupid, therefore I am without phone.

5 comments:

Aisby said...

Don't you just hate it when you tell yourself to do something, but you don't...then something bad happens all because you don't listen to yourself? I like to blame my stupidity on others so this kind of situation really ticks me off.

andrea said...

wow. this is like deja vu all over again, except insert me for you and passport for phone. crazy. and yes, that really sucks!

Beth said...

Silver lining: the Pebble phones are now in a rainbow of colours!!

Monique said...

oh NO!!!!!

The very nice man said...

I know, when something like this happens, you just wonder how you could have been that careless but we all do it at times! The worst part of this is usually that you lose all the stored numbers and have to start all over again!
How annoying, huh!
Poor you!
Time for a phone upgrade??
Erik