Tuesday, November 21, 2006

When the cats are away...

...the mice will play. With both our husbands on different continents (Jason in Asia and Murray in Australia), Monique and I decided to have a girls weekend. Starting with seeing Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on Thursday night, dinner and The Devil Wears Prada Saturday night, and lunch and a jewelry exhibit on Sunday. This is what I love about living in a big city... There's almost always something going on somewhere that interests you. Random exhibitions, plays, shows, etc...

At Somerset House in/near the West End, there's an exhibition called Bejewelled by Tiffany which showcases some amazing pieces from the world-renowned jewelry house and also gives some of the history of the company. And since there *are few things a girl loves more than "the little blue box", this was, of course, right up our alley. We oooohhhhhed and aaaaaaahhhhhed over gorgeous gems, and looked in amazement at the detail of some of the enamel pieces, and stood slack-jawed and speechless in front of the Tiffany diamond which once graced the slender neck of one Miss Audrey Hepburn. And we got in trouble for trying to take a photo. Stupid security guards. So, here I am OUTSIDE the exhibit... Is THIS okay Mister Security Guard??? Are we ALLOWED to take photos OUTSIDE? Are we FAR away enough from the exhibit to whip out cameras???


Afterwards, we were both trying our best to put off going home and doing laundry so we decided a nice hot redcup was in order. And I had my very first mince pie! How very British of me.


And after sitting at Starbucks for ages, talking about everything and absolutely nothing, we decided we'd better fulfill our wifely duties and get home to do the laundry.

On the walk back to the tube, we walked through Covent Garden and the massive tree was all lit up! I know, I know... It's not even Thanksgiving yet, you say. I understand, really I do. But I'm a sucker for this time of year and I start getting into the spirit at the first sight of a bulb on any sort of tree. We don't get Thanksgiving here so at least let me have Christmas a little early!

2 comments:

Monique said...

Great Pictures!!!!
You're right - it WAS a fun girly weekend:)

Beth said...

Looks like so much fun! Does your Starbucks have the ceramic red cup mugs yet? I'm not sure how I feel about them. On the one hand you could have red cups all year, but on the other hand, you could have red cups all year...