Friday, December 01, 2006

A fashionista's Christmas carol

Inspired by a book I saw while Christmas shopping this week, I've re-written every girl's favorite Christmas song to include more timely, and perhaps more appreciated gifts. I mean, no one wants a "sable" anymore, right? Fur is murder! The book was called "This Little Piggy Went to Prada", and it was a collection of nursery rhymes adapted for the "yummy mummy" set.

Also, maybe I was bored out of my mind because Jason was in Verona for work last night... Either way, the results are yours for the taking. Enjoy. Or, you know, don't.

Santa baby
Just slip some Sevens under the tree for me
Been an awful good girl, Santa baby
So hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa baby
A Marc Jacobs cardigan too, light blue
Haven't swiped the plastic all year, Santa baby
So hurry down the chimney tonight

Think of all the sales I've missed
Think of all the shop girls I haven't air kissed
Next year I could be just as good
If you check off my Christmas list

Santa baby
I want some Valentino as well, that's swell
And some Jimmy Choos too, Santa baby
So hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa honey
One little thing, I really need Gucci
And a Fendi Spy bag, Santa baby
So hurry down the chimney tonight

Santa cutie
Fill my stocking with some Dior and more
I'd die for Speedy 30, Santa cutie
So hurry down the chimney tonight

Come and trim my Christmas tree
With some gems from Roberto Cavali
I really do believe in Miu Miu
Let's see if you believe in me

Santa baby
Forgot to mention one little thing - Chanel
I don't mean the tv, Santa baby
So hurry down the chimney tonight

2 comments:

andrea said...

That is great! You can always pass that on to Jason as your Christmas list :)

Beth said...

This would be my perfect Christmas!