Thursday, December 21, 2006

True story

Some of you may think I cannot possibly be this dim but I assure you, this is a verbatim script of a conversation had this morning.

We were watching the Today show and they were talking about gift books and showed one called "The Intellectual Devotional". It's a really cool book that has 365 little one page "lessons" on random things from one of the following categories: history, literature, philosophy, mathematics and science, religion, fine arts, and music. According to Amazon.com, the book's goal is to "refresh knowledge we've forgotten, make new discoveries, and exercise modes of thinking that are ordinarily neglected once our school days are behind us".

Me: That's so cool! I want to be smarter than you. I'm totally ordering that!
Jason: rolls eyes and sips coffee
Me: gets out the laptop and navigates to Amazon.com
Jason: sips more coffee
Me: How do you spell "intellectual"?
Jason: nearly keels over with laughter
Me: realizes what a dumb question I just asked considering the nature of the book I was ordering
Me: nearly keels over with laughter

5 comments:

The very nice man said...

Well funny! Did you order it in the end or did you just give up??

Aisby said...

I want that, too. Maybe it will make me more intilleckshual.

How's NC. Having fun? Missing London yet?

Sara said...

ha, too funny! that is totally something i would do.

Beth said...

Now you have GOT to order that book! You two crack me up.

Heather said...

I did order it and I'm getting more smarter all ready.