Sunday, January 28, 2007

Circus... Ole!



Last night, Jason and I went to see Alegria, Cirque du Soliel's show. Or as Jason insists on calling it, "Circus Ole!"... All I can really say is this: Wow. And, in case I didn't make myself clear: Wow.

I was pretty amazed. The contortionists were unbelievable and there were lots of acts that just blew my mind really. And the fact that it was in Royal Albert Hall made it that much better. RAH is the best theatre in London in my opinion...

And lastly, I must admit that I came a long way in mending my psyche in relation to my fear of clowns. The clowns were actually funny and not just stupid like at the regular circus. And they didn't look totally creepy. I got a little nervous when they came into the crowd because we were right down by the front (ringside as they call it..) but all in all, I found myself actually laughing instead of cringing. And folks, let's just say that's a pretty vast step forward.

4 comments:

Beth said...

LOL, what does Jason do when you get nervous about clowns? Somehow I imagine him waving them over...

andrea said...

Hey! We went on Friday - and LOVED it! I am glad you enjoyed it :)

Global Librarian said...

Oh good. I'm not the only one afraid of clowns. It all goes back to a rogue group of circus clowns I remember from when I was 4. Gad, those creatures are just frightening!

andrea said...

Oh and weirdly enough, we were ringside as well, row D, so we were literally the first row next to the stage. I loved the seats!! And the clowns!