Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Gateway Uggs

Another pearl of wisdom from Jason....

So, let me start by saying that though it is absolutely nothing personal, I have a severe distaste for Uggs. I even happen to know some perfecly nice and otherwise reasonable people who own and love their Uggs. I understand the comfort factor. And I'm certain that there are several people who think my favorite Juicy Couture sweats are the ultimate fashion crime. And I respect that. But when I want to be comfy on an eight hour flight without showing up in my high school track team bottoms and my very faded UNCG long sleeve tee, I'm a Juicy girl all the way.

The other night we were walking home from dinner and passed by Kate Kuba, a cute shoe shop. I saw a pair of dark brown leather Uggs with brass-ish buckles (see below) in the window and said "Okay. There. Now I would totally wear those Uggs. Those are okay." To which Jason replied "Honey, those are what they call 'gateway Uggs'. Now step away."


Jason, I am eternally grateful to you for leading me away from the fashion equivalent of marijuana and thusly saving my fashion soul from eternal damnation.

However, I'm keeping the Juicys. I'll gladly risk my fashion soul for them.

P.S. Christmas photos (mostly of the cutest nieces ever) are coming soon. Just waiting on my mom to send me a couple of pictures...

5 comments:

Susan said...

Too funny! My husband actually has a pair of Uggs. They are much more fashionable than the ladies versions, but I still tease him all the time about them. And I made sure to call his mom and sister when he bought them so they could make fun of him too. I have to say though, those Uggs you posted are pretty darn cute.

Dawn said...

I'm glad you were able to resist. You see that's how I was sucked into the Croc's. They said "it's okay...see how comfortable they are?" then I caved in.

Anna said...

I'm 100% the same-- I wanted UGGs 4 years ago when they first came to the east coast, and now I am ready to lash out at people wearing them with mini skirts or to the supermarket. BUT. My sister just got these and they actually look cute in person:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2895367/0~2376780~6009391~6012477~6012480~6012746?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6012746&P=1

andrea said...

As one of those guilty people you know I have to fess up - being 37.5 weeks pregnant I can't imagine wearing anything other than my Uggs right now. My feet just ache too much to squeeze them into any normal shoes. But I promise I will return to normal shoe sense once this baby is out of me :)

Muz & Mo said...

Hear Hear Sista
I HATE Uggs !
Too funny about the ´gateway uggs´lol!!!!!!