Friday, January 19, 2007

Silent night, Holy loud afternoon

Otherwise titled "The Katie and Anna Show".

The chaos that is Christmas afternoon at Jason's mom's...

Anna, who's still in the "I'd rather play with the wrapping paper" phase. She's all "Hey! Why are you throwing away all the good stuff?? If I was just a little bit taller, I could so get in that bag and get it all back."

While her sister Katie is in the "I just like to open the presents I don't care who they actually belong to" phase.

She could not possibly be any cuter if she tried all day.

Whoops. I guess she could...

Katie in her cape. She's a fashion icon at only 3 1/2 years old.

This one rarely stops smiling.

Who wants a present? I do! I do!

Katie is the absolute best gift-opener of all time. Last year, every gift she opened, she said "Oh WOW! I want to play with that RIGHT NOW!!!!" This year it was audible gasps of excitement everytime she tore the paper a little more. I mean before she even knew what it was, she was gasping with excitement.

So you think they would notice if I packed her up and took her back to London with us? Yes, you think? Oh well...




She's such a little show off.

Already with the splits...

And the standing... Why, she's a child-progidy, she is!

Katie in her new Disney Princess sleeping bag.

Why, God, why... Why do they strap these children's toys into the packaging so fiercely? This could withstand gale-force winds.

Jason demonstrating his exuberance at how well our gift to his step-dad went over. He's notoriously hard to buy for and we nailed it this year!

Even his mom got in on the action.

You may have already guessed that those are not the "Princesses".

Double score! Wearing the headphones AND eating the peanut brittle we got him.

Me trying to figure out who my Secret Santa is...

There was no question as to the identity once I saw the book.

Only one person in the family would give this book:

This Secret Santa business is puzzling.

Git along little doggie!


More Secret Santa revelations...




"This part where those big people open presents is totally boring."

Here's the link to the rest of the photos on Shutterfly.

And there's one last Christmas one to follow. Get ready for the grand finale...

7 comments:

Monique said...

AHHHHHHH they are SO SO CUTE!

A Novelist said...

Oh my gosh those girls are so beautiful! It looks like you had a great time! :)

Melanie said...

I love your bangs more and more everytime I check out your blog...

Beth said...

Oh such cute little ones!! Good genetics there... you know, for future reference and all...

Melanie said...

Yeah...I'm with Beth...have me some babies so I can be your nanny :)! Anyway, I wanted to tell you too that Bennett, who is 3, on Christmas morning was just like Katie...I think she may be a year older...but he kept saying "Thank you Santa...I've always wanted this my whole life...you heard me Santa". And I was like "Yeah...your whole life? Like all 3 years of it?" It was cute nonetheless. And I still dig the bangs.

The very nice man said...

Wow!! I love the 'lots of pictures' approach to blogging!
I tell you what stunned me most:
OMG . . the amount of presents in one single household!! What? Did someone buy the entire gift section at Harrods??

Heather said...

Mel - Thanks ;-) And I'm crying laughing about Bennett. That's so funny!

And Beth - don't encourage her. She's been on my case for two years now to have a baby.