Wednesday, January 24, 2007

URGENT UPDATE Re: Snooooooowwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

What was it I was saying earlier about it being "the perfect snow" and how it makes everything pretty but doesn't bring the city to a screeching halt?

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh... Here's the thing... It actually DID bring the city to a screching halt.

I stood on the District Line platform for an hour before they finally told us that no train would be coming. Que the groans from everbody and the shuffle of a thousand feet to the overland train platform.

After nearly breaking down into tears because I thought I wasn't going to make it to my first Italian class, standing on a PACKED train squished up against a divider window like a plush Garfield suction cupped to a Honda Civic and then sprinting through Belgrave Square lugging a Starbucks to-go mug and a Chloe Edith (I don't recommend it), I arrived with about 30 seconds to spare. Snaps for me.

And now, just because I can, and well... Really, when will I get the chance to post snow pictures again? Here are more photos of the white stuff, this time in actual daylight (as opposed to the "breaking-of-dawn" variety of yesterhour):

From our bedroom window:



From the hall window:


On my walk to the station down our street:


Richmond Green, or shall I call it Richmond White?:


Snowmen! Vertically challenged snowmen! But snowmen nonetheless!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Love the pictures and you have a beautiful view!!!! The snow is sooooo pretty and I am sooooo jealous!! Like Melanie we did get a little last Thursday, but it didn't last long. It's supposed to get really cold starting tomorrow so I'm still hoping there's a chance for us yet!!! Love you and take care!

Beth said...

What a great view. I love the midget snowmen. Midget men, if you will. ;)

Melanie said...

Sweet! I got a shout out from your mom! And by the way, I like your Garfield analogy...and I think along with a Civic, you could also note a Chevy Cavalier or Pontiac Firebird. Please let me know your thoughts :).