Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Worst. Blogger. Ever.

I'm ashamed. I've severely neglected my preshus blog whilst I get us all set up in our new home. Everyday I wait here for deliveries of furniture. Everyday I spend nearly all day on Skype trying to talk to our bank, mortgage company, homeowners association, etc. back home and get our address changed.

One would not believe how difficult this is if you don't have a US address. It's like they don't actually believe that people live outside the United States. "Whaddya mean there ain't no zip code?" "I don't know what to put in the 'state' section." "Whatchu mean you got letters AND numbers in your zip code???" And so on until my head is just this side of exploding...

Anyway, I leave you for the moment with a blast from the past. There's something about this that possibly only Jason's family will understand but I'll try to explain it so that you'll be in on the joke too. When Jason was a wee lad, he had this really funny smile that he would do for formal pictures - not on purpose. Us Sangers call it "the roll". He rolled his top lip over his top teeth and did a little tight-lipped grin.

I ran across this picture yesterday when I was sorting stuff. This is me in kindergarten. Sorry it's terribly blurry but it's a photo of a photo so that's the best I could do. I looked at it and thought to myself "Oh my God, I did the roll too! We really were destined to find one another..."


So when Jason got home last night, I asked him if he noticed anything about the picture. He goes "That you're wearing Strawberry Shortcake pajamas to school?" And I'm all, "No you retard! I'm doing the roll! Also, that was a Strawberry Shortcake T-SHIRT and my grandmother made that from scratch you jerk." The love flows freely here.

The point of all this is that I'm not sure what's funnier: That I discovered that I was a roller too or that Jason thought I wore pj's to school. You decide.

7 comments:

Jules & Paul said...

Heather you are far far far from the 'worst blogger ever!' Often I find myself clicking on "next blog" for kicks and almost every time it's a waste of time and I feel like my brain is melting away as I attempt to read page after page of nonsense. There are countless blogs that could be in the running for worst blog ever - and you are not one! :) I'm a patient fan of your blog.

I [heart] Strawberry Shortcake. I remember one instance where I tried to wear fun jammies to school. Thankfully it wasn't school picture day. ;)

Melissa said...

Oh, my kindergarten pic was a roller, too. It's terrible. I believe I've posted it on my blog before, but I choose not to bring it back out. lol Congrats on the new place!

A Novelist said...

I think it's hysterical that he thought you were wearing PJ's to school. I had the same type of shirt (except it was Holly Hobby) LOL. Very cute picture! :)

Beth said...

I'm voting for pjs - particularly since he must know you were the founder of the fashion club!!

Catherine said...

Seriously "from scratch"? She grew the cotton, picked it, did whatever they do to cotton to make it a shirt, drew Strawberry Shortcake on it (loser) and sewed it to fit you just so? Those are SO pj's!

Mom said...

WOW....talk about bringing back memories!!! You were such a cutie in this picture, but what other comment would you expect coming from your mom?!?!? And by the way Jason, I can assure you that she wasn't wearing Strawberry Shortcake pj's to school...sorry!! :) Love you both!!

Heather said...

Cat -Don't be fresh with me.