Wednesday, February 21, 2007

And armageddon came down upon us...

Ok, so I don't know what's going on in London today but I'm convinced we'll be punished for it later. It's February. It's very sunny outside. It's actually relatively warm outside. Warm enough that I ate my lunch on a bench in the park and watched kids play football. Warm enough that I only wore a long-sleeve shirt and light jacket (no scarf, no gloves) today. Warm enough that some people are walking around in short-sleeves. Maybe those people are a tad chilly, but nonetheless...

If you compare this to the very same week in February last year, you would seriously not believe how f-ing cold it was. Am I right Melanie?? It was record-breaking cold.

I don't know what kind of sick joke this is but I'll take it. I'll pay for it later when the wind rips through my bones and the rain pelts down on my back, but for now, I'll take it.

3 comments:

geo said...

Maybe because... I'm here!

I'm bringing the sun back ;)

Melanie said...

Of course it is warm and sunny there just as it was as soon as I left London! I hope you enjoy it! And I must inform you that it is pretty much the same here...but like North Carolina, it will probably be snowing here tomorrow and 15 below.

Catherine said...

Oh dear, please let it be that way next week!!!