Monday, February 19, 2007

Birthday Roundup Recap

Since it's been almost a week since my birthday, I figured it's about time to post about it. We just got back from Budapest last night so rest assured there will be much more to come.

My birthday started with breakfast in bed (including home made hashbrowns because they don't really have hashbrowns in my country) and this:


so I knew right away that it would be a great day.

And it was.

At the school where I volunteer, I was telling my kids that I wouldn't be there on Thursday because I was going on a trip for my birthday. Then when I left, they were out at recess and a big group of them was standing at the bottom of the stairs and yelled "Happy birthday!" when I walked out. I just wanted to eat them right up.

I got loads of cards and e-cards and email birthday wishes and blog shout-outs and that made me think about how lucky I am to have so many people who care enough about me to wish me well.

That evening, we had tickets to see the Mary Poppins musical which was sooooo great and the evening out was made even better by a pit-stop at an American-style diner for some pre-theatre chili cheese fries and onion rings. I may be high-maintenance in some ways but food is not one of them. Nothing could have made me happier than American junk food.


If you look closely, you can see the contents of my Tiffany bag around my neck. It was a gold Tiffany bean necklace. I know you may be thinking "Gold?" and Jason thought the same thing but I had mentioned recently that gold necklaces were back in style and I would like a nice simple, classic one. What's more classic than a Tiffany bean? Not much.

All in all, an absolutely fantastic 30th birthday. And I still had my Budapest trip to look forward to...

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Your Bean Tiffany gold necklace looks really pretty on you!! Happy Birthday to you!!Jessica

Melanie said...

Ummm seriously...do you think we could clone Jason? I mean he is the best!

andrea said...

Ahh, the bean necklace :) I love the bean necklace! And it looks fabulous in gold, I have to say! I can't wait to see pictures from Budapest!

Beth said...

Ooh you have a bean! You're so lucky. Can't wait to see the Budapest pics!!