Monday, February 12, 2007

The end of an era

Despite an agreement with my Dad to not acknowledge our birthdays this year, I have come to terms with the fact that today is the last day I'll be able to say (truthfully anyway) that I'm "in my twenties". Sorry Dad, but I realized that not acknowledging my birthday meant no one else acknowledging my birthday which meant no presents and no special treats. And I'm just not willing to give that up.

Tomorrow, I am 30. 30. THIRTY. Thirty years OLD. I suppose that means I have to be mature now and do adult type things like washing my face before falling into bed and start thinking about having babies and hanging my clothes up at the end of the day and all that crap. (One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong.) Cheese and rice. I'm not ready for this.

5 comments:

Dad said...

I've had the presents, I've had the 30's, I'm NOT backing out of our agreement. Happy early 30th Birthday! We love you!

Melanie said...

BABIES!!!

Mom said...

Happy early Birthday from me too!! And I think I know what doesn't belong.... Just remember "our" agreement about the babies.... :)!!! Love you!

Beth said...

Is it hanging clothes up? Because the others you do have to wash... ;)

andrea said...

I say go for the babies. Do it! Then you have a cute little baby with a British accent and if we both have them we can push them around in our fancy prams while looking for nappies and giving them dummy's to hush the crying and...nah, I agree, one just doesn't belong!

Happy early birthday my friend, enjoy it and enjoy your trip!!