Thursday, April 19, 2007

Death and doom... But in a fun way!

Compliments of A Novelist, here's one of the more interesting and morbid tags I've seen!

What do you think happens after you die?
I dunno but I hope it involves being able to listen to what people really have to say about you.

Do you believe in heaven?
This is complicated. I feel that this life is heaven. I don't really believe in the concept of spending your whole "earthly life" waiting for something better. This is what you get. Grab it, seize it, live it, love it. Carpe that diem!

Do you believe in hell?
No. I don't respond well to "scare tactics".

Do you think you will be judged after you die?
No. I don't believe in the concept of "God" as a spiteful record-keeper.

How many people will attend your funeral?
Only the ones I really truly care about. I don't want a bunch of randoms there because they think "it's the right thing to do"...

Would you rather that people cry or laugh at your funeral?
Both. My ideal reaction would be like the scene from Love Actually when Liam Neeson's character cues up the slideshow and the Bay City Rollers start playing.

What's better? A shot in the head or downing pills?
I say a shot in the head because it's instant and likely unexpected. If you're downing pills, something was clearly wrong and you must have been suffering emotionally for some time.

What should be written on your tombstone?
"The Devil may wear Prada, but I hope Angels get Chanel."

Would you rather die childless or divorced?
Childless. If I had to, I could imagine a life with no children. But a life with no Jason? Not in a trillion years.

Do you want to die in the morning, afternoon, or night?
I reckon at night...

If you had a million pounds to leave, who would you leave it to?
UNICEF and enough for each of my neices to buy themselves a Chanel bag, Prada sunglasses, a piece of Louis Vuitton luggage, a Givenchy dress, a pair of Ferragamo flats, a pair of Manolo heels, and some Theory trousers.

What kind of flowers do you want at your funeral?
Truck loads of peonies and tulips.

On your deathbed, which moment will you most remember?
Maybe the first time I ever saw Jason. Or possibly the moment our eyes met when I walked down the aisle. Or maybe that REALLY REALLY good Crem Caramel gelato I had in Florence.

Have you ever watched someone die?
No. This is starting to freak me out...

What's the most gruesome death you can imagine?
Trapped in a buring house. Or buried alive. That one's the claustrophobic in me coming out...

How often do you think about death?
As little as possible.

Is fear of dying your number one fear?
No, as vain as it is, I'm more afraid of just growing old.

Do you believe in reincarnation?
Don't know.

Have you ever wished someone you loved were dead?
Wha??? Ummmm, no. Seriously, WTF?

Do you consider life short or long?
Entirely too short.

Do you think you have a soul?
I should hope so. However, the Cingular Wireless customer sevice rep who caught my wrath in the "Great Mobile Phone Contract Incident of 2004" may disagree.

Assisted suicide for a terminally ill person is:
Not my place to judge. Nor is it anyone else's who hasn't been there.

If you were cremated, where would you like your ashes?
The North Carolina beaches. However, considering burning to death is one of my greatest fears, cremation doesn't sound all that awesome. Then again, neither does being trapped in a box for all eternity. Are there no other options for those of us scared of fire AND enclosed spaces?????

Would you choose to be immortal, if you could be?
Maybe. Could I stay 30 forever?

What do you think of ouija boards?
I do NOT mess with that shit.

I don't typically tag others but I would really be interested to hear Beth's answers to these!

2 comments:

Beth said...

LOL - I just answered these and I have a Bay City Rollers reference too!

A Novelist said...

LOL - I totally forgot about that scene in "Love, Acutally!" GREAT answers! This was a difficult tag for me since I hate thinking about death. :)