Sunday, May 20, 2007

Better late than never I reckon

Errrr, so I've sort of fallen right off the blogging bandwagon this past week. I have lots of excellent excuses though...

Monday/Tuesday - in Dublin
Wednesday - Italian class
Thursday - Volunteering and and a laundry list of errands
Friday - Pure laziness

That means there's lots of catching up to do this week, which means lots of photos.

So shall we get started with the Richmond May Fair? We arrived just minutes late for the children's fancy dress (costume) comptetion but made it right in time to see the crowning of the May queen!

Is it just me or does she seem a tad young to be a queen? That seems like an awful lot of responsibility for an 8 year old. She's lucky I didn't know about the competition until it was too late to enter. I would have beaten the pants off her. I've got May Queen written all over me! Seriously. Does anyone know how to get permanent marker off skin? Anyone?


I sure as hell didn't have anyone toting the rear end of my royal robes around when I was that age. I didn't even have royal robes. I had a BATH robe.


After the May Queen beat a hasty retreat (she saw me eyeing her crown), there was a Maypole dance, complete with ominous looking clouds threatening to ruin May Fair for one and all.



And the finale was the Richmond Green Dog Show...

Check it out, it's Baxter! Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee! (Those leaves he's munching are so going to play a reunion tour later...)


This poor little girl's poodle wrecked her chances from the beginning. What kind of show dog wraps up your ankles in its leash???


My favorite, the pug.


This was by far the funniest, even though we couldn't get a good photo of it. He was latching onto his owner's ankle the entire way around the ring. He literally kept jumping up and sinking his teeth into the guy's jeans and being sort of drug around like that.



The crushing blow of defeat. He'll be washing down doggie Prozac with Bud Lite later...



Later this week:
Dublin Shenanigans
A Yorkie on the Lam
Polo Ponies