Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My baby's got sauce


I, unfortunately, have none. Fresh out of the sauce, I am. Last night we went all the way to Camden to see one of our favorite bands since the college years - G. Love and Special Sauce. While it was one of the best shows I've been to lately, I'm quite clearly too old to be doing this kind of stuff because I could barely drag myself out of bed this morning and by the time my Italian class was over, I had a full set of luggage under my eyes and could scarcely summon up the energy to get myself back to Richmond.

If I don't fall asleep before 8:00, I'll try to get the photos loaded. In the meantime, if you're not familiar, do yourself and favor and download one of the best summer jams ever: "My Baby's Got Sauce". You're welcome.

*******Updated at 9:30 pm*******


As promised...


And even some video...






G.Love - Blues Music from heathers on Vimeo

5 comments:

Susan said...

Oh memories. I remember a bboze filled night seeing G. Love and Special Sauce at Ziggy's in Winston Salem.

Heather said...

No way! That's actually the last time I was talking about when we saw G.Love in college... My evening at Ziggy's was also booze-filled ;)

Come to think of it, pretty much all my night's at Ziggy's were booze-filled...

Are you from NC?

Beth said...

Oh G Love! They played at our college once and I had no idea who/what was going on when I first heard. I have since gotten some learnin' and now I know all. Now go get some rest, Granny. ;)

Susan said...

Yes, I am originally from the Greensboro (or the 'boro as we call it)and attended lil' ol' Guilford College. One of the most fun nights I have ever had was a Ben Folds Five show at Ziggy's.

Heather said...

Well, Susan, you and I probably partied together many times at Ziggy's without knowing it. I went to soooooo many shows there it's sick. I grew up near Winston and then went to UNCG so we were neighbors :)