Sunday, May 27, 2007

Proper Posh Ponies Play Polo

I'm a master of literary devices! A grammar goddess! A queen of alliteration!

In memorium of the good weather we had until this weekend decended upon us with grey skies, drizzly rain, and chilly breezes, here's a post about what we did last Sunday, when skies were blue, nothing drizzled, and the breezes were warm:

On a recent bike ride, Jason and I happened upon a polo field. Whaddaya know? We have a polo team! And they play matches every Sunday afternoon in the Spring and Summer. Living in Richmond just gets better and better. So, last Sunday - the first warm and dry day in recent memory - we hopped back on our cycles and rode over to the field to see what this polo business is all about.

On the way there, we discovered another Richmond "magic spot". Just riding along, lah-dee-dah, and SHAZAM! There's a clearing and a stunning view.



How very proper British of us to enjoy such a genteel sport.



Soaking in some Sunday Times between matches. I'm so freaking cultured I don't even know what to do with myself.




This blows my mind... I live on the outer rim of London - one of the biggest cities in the world. And we barely even get wide open spaces this big in Raleigh -the second biggest city in the Grate Sate of Nawth Carahlina.


Just looking at these pictures makes me want to cry. I didn't even bother to leave the flat today because it's so nasty out and I couldn't bear to expose myself to the elements. Laying on the sofa in my sweats, wrapped in a chenille blanket, sipping tea and reading suited me just fine thankyouverymuch.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I love it! I so freaking love it!

The Franco Fille said...

Polo is lots of fun to watch. I go in the summer even though the league around here is pretty casual. I hope to go to one of those big charity matches this summer and get gussied up!

Monique said...

Great pics!!!! Gosh I hope the weather improves soon - I hate this rain!

A Novelist said...

I love watching Polo. We've been invited to a match out in Bridgehampton this July! We go every year. Great pictures! :)