Monday, June 04, 2007

Another year, another Fashion Week

For the second year in a row, I was able to go to Graduate Fashion Week where all the graduating seniors of the area fashion schools show their collections. This is a huge event for them and quite a lot of pressure because lots of fashion editors (Glenda Bailey from Harpers Bazaar) and execs (Christopher Bailey, Creative Director at Burberry) and even designers (Zandra Rhodes) are there "scouting" if you will. Some designers who've shown here when they were graduating are Julien McDonald, Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney, and John Galliano. That's not bad company to be in.

There's not a whole lot I can say about the shows that isn't better told by photos so here you go...







My camera battery was quickly dying so I wasn't able to use my flash very much, which is why lots of the photos are of the models standing in a group at the top of the runway. And that obviously left no opportunity for video. But there's always next year and, fashionista's honor, I will attend better prepared.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

ok, de-lurking to say I am so jealous you went to a fashion show of any kind! This looks like great fun!

Love your space in the blog world. You are a funny gal! :)

amanda
http://www.londonsouthernbelle.typepad.com/

Beth said...

London. Gets. Everything. (Insert temper tantrum here.)

Heather said...

Well, Amanda, it's confession time. I'm a lurker on your blog too :) In fact, I've been meaning to post and ask you if I could put a link to yours in my sidebar.... I especially loved your Eurovision extravaganza!

Poor poor Beth. You can come live with me :)