Thursday, June 07, 2007

Chocolate messages and other great ideas

Today, my friend from Raleigh and I went for a spot of lunch at Bankside and then to the Tate Modern. Since we lunched at a restaurant called the "Chocolate Factory", we felt it would have been a sin not to have some actual chocolate. So we ordered the fudge brownie with ice cream and were beyond delighted when it came to table with a little message. It's the little things that make my day...


While we were burning off that lunch by strolling through the Tate at a leisurely pace, we came upon some basic pencil skteches. One was simply a quote in blocked letters that struck me as so depressing and so funny all at the same time. Since you're not allowed to take photos in the museum, I did the respectable thing and just wrote it down. Let's be honest here though. I was totally trying to sneak a photo but one of the museum employees kept walking by. I think he was onto me.


Anyway, in case you can't read my writing, it says:

"Some days you wake and immediately start to worry. Nothing in particular is wrong. It's just the suspicion that forces are aligning quietly and there will be trouble."

Now, I consider myself a generally happy person. It takes very little to amuse me and I delight in life's simple pleasures. I get great joy each and every day from one thing or another. Case in point? Messages sprinkled in cocoa powder. Need I say more? That said... I can totally relate to this. I think it's soooo true. Sometimes, you wake up and just know that something is going down and it's going down big style. This sentiment captures that feeling perfectly. How genius.

4 comments:

Aisby said...

Yummm...that looks good.

Monique said...

that brownie looks SO yummy!

Beth said...

Life's simple pleasures - I caught onto that when you jumped up and down in Harrods. I will remember that for the rest of my life!

Steph said...

I like what you wrote down from the Tate. Sometimes I feel like the forces are aligned against me. Obviously it isn't true, but there are days when it feels like everyone's number one goal is to tick me off.